Jump to a specific section:
Food & Meal Policies
Staffing & Supervision
First Aid & Insurance Coverage
SAMBICA reserves the right to qualify all perspective users. Programs offered may not be in conflict with the objectives and/or doctrinal statement of SAMBICA. Rules for acceptance and participation of guests in each group are the same for everyone without regard to sex, race, color, handicap, or nation of origin.
Exclusive use of SAMBICA’s grounds is available if your group has guaranteed a minimum of 130 guests for 2 nights and 5 meals. Under all other conditions groups will share our grounds.
To check availability and/or receive a customized price quote please submit an event inquiry. There is no obligation. To talk with a representative please contact our Retreats & Events department at 1-888-SAMBICA.
SAMBICA accepts payments in the form of cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover). However a service fee of 3% will be added to all credit card payments.
When booking your stay at SAMBICA we understand that group leaders do not always know the exact number of people that will be attending. SAMBICA will ask for your group’s estimated minimum and maximum attendance. Contracts will be written to hold your group responsible for your minimum number of attendees. By 10am, 7 days before your group arrives at SAMBICA your group leader must provide a final registration and meal count. During your stay your group’s coordinator is required to provide an accurate attendance record to your SAMBICA host to calculate your final invoice before your departure. Your group is financially responsible for the minimum (as stated in your contract) even if your group’s actual attendance is lower than the contract minimum.
Ten percent of your minimum contract amount must be paid upfront as a non-refundable deposit and must be returned with your group contract in order to confirm your reservation. Your deposit will be credited to your final invoice.
Cancellation of the contract more than 45 days prior to your event will result in the forfeiture of your entire deposit. Payment of 50% of the contracted amount will be required from all cancellations that take place less than 45 days in advance of your groups scheduled arrival. In the case that SAMBICA is able to book another group of equal or grater size to fill the vacancy then only a $100.00 administrative cancellation fee will be charged and the rest of the payment will be returned.
Food & Meal Policies
All meals are served buffet style unless special arrangements have been made. Your host will assign your group specific tables in the Dining Hall and will cover specific mealtime procedures and camp rules with your group during your first meal. Vegetarian options are not regularly prepared for meals. Vegetarian requests need to be arranged prior to your group’s arrival. Unfortunately we are unable to provide vegan meals. Please notify our Guest Services Associate prior to your arrival of any special dietary needs and food allergies within your group. Guests with strict dietary needs are welcome to bring food items to supplement their meal. Your group coordinator must provide SAMBICA with a meal count by 10am at least 7 days prior to your group’s arrival. During your stay please notify your group’s host if your meal count will significantly differ from the contracted number.
SAMBICA staff will facilitate all food preparation and clean up for meals. However, we do require guests to clear their dirty dishes from the table at each meal.
No cooking is allowed in any of the buildings outside of the Dining Hall. Pre-packaged snack food and bottled non-alcoholic beverages only are allowed in the buildings. Homemade foods, delivered pizza or other take-out food items are not allowed on the camp grounds.
Your group coordinator is responsible for maintaining order and preventing damages in the facilities used. The facilities used are subject to a final inspection and approval by SAMBICA staff as a part of the financial settlement. Groups are financially liable for any damages by group members, except damage arising from normal wear. Groups are responsible for cleaning up any unusual situations caused by programming and group activities. A cleaning/repair charge will be assessed at $40.00 per hour for additional labor necessary to restore facilities.
Full garbage cans will be empties throughout your stay by your host. Please notify your host of any maintenance issues that arise during your stay.
SAMBICA has many items available for your groups use during your stay. Some equipment is provided at an additional charge. All use of equipment should be arranged prior to your groups arrival.
All groups on the grounds, with the exception of those activities that are provided at an additional charge, will share our recreation facilities. Reservations can be arranged through Guest Services should exclusive use be anticipated.
The Waterfront is open May 1st through October 1st. Swimming arrangements with lifeguards can be arranged through Guest Services at the time of booking. Swimming availability is dependant on lifeguards and is not guaranteed. No charges will be assessed in the case that lifeguards are unavailable.
Staffing & Supervision
All groups accept full responsibility for the safety and supervision of their participants. Children and youth groups will provide adult supervision of at least 1 adult per 10 youth and 1 adult in every cabin. Campers under the age of 16 must be with an adult (over 21) at all times while on the grounds.
First Aid & Insurance Coverage
Each group is required to carry its own liability and primary medical coverage. SAMBICA offers no medical or accidental coverage to guest group attendees. Each guest group is expected to provide their own medical care attention. We encourage you to provide a nurse with adequate first aid supplies.
• Campers under the age of 16 must be with an adult (over 21) at all times while on the grounds.
• Guest groups share the grounds with other groups. Please respect privacy and space of other groups. Do not enter a building, other than the office, which has not been assigned to your group.
• Recreational space needs to be reserved with the Guest Services Associate prior to arrival to guarantee availability. If you would like to use a space not reserved in advance for your group, check with your host at a meal or by radio. (Mini-golf, field, campfire, playground, etc.)
• The dining hall is shared by all guest groups. Please do not do any programming announcements or meetings in the dining hall unless previously arranged. Please be seated in the dining hall while eating.
• Shoes and shirts are required in the Dining Hall as prescribed by health code.
• Please use the over pass at all times, the street is very busy and dangerous.
• No person is allowed on the docks unless a SAMBICA lifeguard is present. Swimming is permitted only under the supervision of a SAMBICA lifeguard.
• Neighboring houses and their property is to be respected. Please stay on SAMBICA property and paths. Being in a residential community, we ask that all guest groups be within buildings by 10:30 pm. After 10:30pm activities within buildings should not be heard more than ten feet from the exterior of the building. Quiet time extends until 6am.
• Smoking is not permitted in any building. Smoking is permitted in the gravel parking lot across from the office only.
• Alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs, firearms, and pets are not allowed on the grounds.
• Excessive amplified music, gambling, and immoral conduct are prohibited on SAMBICA grounds.